Education sessions at the Summit are designed to help those involved in sustainability and environmental education programs in California schools discover strategies and resources that can help them achieve their goals.
Concurrent Session Topics
Concurrent Sessions will cover topics including:
– Strategies and effective practices for zero net energy retrofits
– Developing environmental literacy through active learning
– Funding sources for school energy and green building programs
– Dealing with the technical and human challenges presented by complicated building systems
– The 11th annual green curriculum session from the USGBC LA Green Schools Committee
– A road map for net zero water buildings
– Developing learning opportunities in landscape programs
– Strategies – and funding – for empowering students to become environmental leaders and introducing them to sustainability careers
– Composting and food recovery best practices
– Food waste reduction and cost savings through improved purchasing and management practices
– Implementing a whole-school (or district) sustainability framework that encompasses both facility management and environmental literacy
– Energy management practices that can lead to significant cost savings
– An examination of the ways that an “open building” approach to school design can make it much easier to update your facilities to adapt to new demands for space allocation or learning environments
Register here. Discounts are available for groups of four or more. Call for details: 626-577-5700
The Summit program features public and private sector leaders who come to share best practices and lessons learned.
To see session descriptions from the 2018 conference, click here.